Sunday, March 2, 2008

F*CK Cars

So last Saturday we go to a restaurant and Mike tells me that one of my headlights is out, no biggie I thought. So Sunday I go to Murray's and look for the bulb, I need an HID-D2R bulb, but wait it's not on the shelf, I do the unmanly thing and ask for help. So he looks for the bulb and HOLY FUCK its $129.99 FOR A FUCKING BULB. First thought you're kidding me right, Nope even he's like fuck thats expensive. So he says that they don't have them in stock, and that I have to order it, but I would have to pay first, I'm basically bent over a table and going ok. So we go to order it, but the computer won't let him, whoever the fuck put a bulb in the computer with a price that is in no stores and can't be ordered thanks asshole for giving me hope and instantly taking it away. SO I am told to go to Richard's Auto Parts for the bulb, it's on 8 mile and Dequindre, at least the one open on Sundays is. So i had to go to work and put it off till Monday.
Monday comes around call Richard's and he can order the part for $98, I told him fine go ahead, so I buy the part, go home and replace the bulb, and lo and behold the light still doesn't fucking work, WTF I'm getting pissed. I go back to the auto parts store and tell the man with the lazy eye what happened and all he can tell me is there is no return or exchanges on electrical parts, Fuck you little man and fuck the other wall you are looking at when you are talking to me. You could have told me that before I paid $98 for a bulb, you could have pointed to that nonexistent sign stating this, or you could have been like fuck you white boy and not ordered the part, so now I am even angrier at the store and myself.
So i go to my mechanic friend and ask him about my light, he checks my old light and said it was fine so he tells me to bring my car into the shop. So I do, he checks the electrical and tells me the light modulator is broken, did you know xenon bulbs needed their own electrical modulator because I did not. SO I ask him how much it would cost, he goes to his computer and looks up the Dealer price of GET THIS $453.20, my first thought FUCK YOU NISSAN, my second thought that is insane, and he agrees. He tells me to just buy one on ebay.
So later that day, I find an auction of a guy selling the whole headlight for $110.00 with a working bulb and electrical modulator, or what in the normal world is called an electrical ballast. 3 days later I get the part unscrew the ballast and go to the mechanic, he takes out the headlight, takes out the ballast and looks at mine and realizes that they are not the same, fucking after market parts. He tells me I have to get another one, and I'm going FUCK FUCK FUCKITY FUCK. I tell him i have the headlight I took it out from my trunk, and we just decided to replace the whole thing, best part was he did it for free. So now I have two working headlights, 2 extra xenon bulbs a spare headlight and a hatred for xenon lights in cars.

4 comments:

Eric said...

I hear you. I've replaced the automatic window motor on my grand am 3 times since I bought it. Each time its $85 bucks.

Seriously? Its a fucking D/C motor that has to lift maybe 10 lbs. I could buy one at Radio shack for $20.

Sue said...

Fucking technology making parts more expensive!!!

Kieno said...

I have to tell you about GM cars. I used to work for GM powertrain and we used to rip on Vehicle for all the crappy stuff they put out there. The Powertrain (Engine + Transmission) was always good. It would last forever. But the problem is that everything else on the car would degrade far before the Powertrain did.

Perceived Quality...

Kieno said...

Clarification: When I say "Vehicle" I mean the Vehicle Body Division. GM was divided into those two engineering entities. Powertrain did Engine and Transmission, Vehicle did ... everything else.