Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wait what did you say?

SO the first time in years that MSU has a chance to go to the Rose Bowl, yes you need the perfect conditions, a 1 in 100 win against PSU, and a 1 in a million shot of UofM beating tOSU this year. So you kind of have to root for a team you hate. State fans need UofM to beat Ohio, and if you can manage a win you're in the Rose Bowl, and are Big Ten Champs. (Holy Crap I am writing about MSU in the Rose Bowl). You expect your coach to know this, right? He should be saying things like we need to worry about ourselves and hope for the best, blah blah, blah...

But No he says:
I'm not rooting for Michigan," said head coach Mark Dantonio, who has spent 11 of the last 14 years working for Michigan State or Ohio State. "I'm going to focus on our task at hand here and worry about the things we can control. I have too many good friends and too many people that wouldn't let me back into their house to let me do that.

"So Go Bucks."
Wait, What?!?! SO you mean to tell me that you would rather see your old friends/team win, then admit you want a school you hate to win? You realize you need Michigan to win, not only should you want it you should be praying for a win. But you don't want to burn the bridges at Ohio, and that doesn't make me feel to good about you. Do you actually care about your current coaching job? DO you not realize that for your program this is a gigantic leap?

I'm not even a Spartan fan and that comment pissed me off, I'm not expecting a Michigan win, but damn. How does this make State fans feel? Your coach is rooting for the Buckeyes to win the Big Ten when you have a slim shot at it? Seriously WTF is up with that?

2 comments:

Sue said...

As Spartans, we all love when U o M loses. Go OSU. I do not think U of M has the smallest, tiniest chance in hell of beating OSU, so what is the point? Oh yeah, we are in a bowl game and U of M is not. We had a shot at the Rose Bowl and that rocks!! We still love our team and bleed green!! Go Green!

kmaz said...

Ok so when he said I'm here to win Championships and go to the Rose Bowl, that only counts if Ohio State can't do it too?

When you're team has a shot at an outright big ten championship don't root for the team that can spoil your hopes. Hell Don't root for Michigan either, but For the Love of GOD, do not root against your own damn program.