Monday, March 22, 2010

My banter about myself again

St. Patty's Day weekend in Detroit is always fun, first it starts on Sunday for the St. Patty's Day Parade and absolute insanity in Corktown; and yes I do mean absolute insanity.  It was a fun time with some fun people and I took a few good photos.  The place was packed with people, maybe not so much along the parade route but definitely in the bars, at Nemo's you could not move unless of course you just pushed your way through and everyone else just started to follow you.

But here are some of the highlights of the parade:

2010 St. Patrick's Day Parade

2010 St. Patrick's Day Parade

2010 St. Patrick's Day Parade

2010 St. Patrick's Day Parade

2010 St. Patrick's Day Parade

2010 St. Patrick's Day Parade

2010 St. Patrick's Day Parade

2010 St. Patrick's Day Parade

DSC_0097

and the one I call "Help me Obi-wan Kenobi you're our only...holy hell what happened to you?"
2010 St. Patrick's Day Parade

After the parade I ended up at a friends bar and late night we decided to go venturing out and see the abandoned beauty of Detroit, first to an old mechanic shop and then up the 14 stories of Michigan Central Station.  That was an interesting trip I was told to do it without a flashlight at night, then to only use the flashlight when absolutely necessary.  This might explain why someone needed stitches but never got them.  I slipped on the roof over the grand hall and that explains the bruised knee in the morning and scraped elbow, it took a second to figure out where the blood on my jeans and coat came from but I was ok, so it was my friend's blood.

And then on Wed. St. Patrick's Day, had breakfast and then spent too much money at the Old Shillelagh in Detroit, then had lunch at the Detroit Beer Co.  Some friends went to take a nap and I headed back to Donovan's Pub for  a few more and to hang out with some interesting people.  I learned that Howard's nickname is Mandingo...I will end the story there.  Then up to meet up with some more friends for a night cap and TOTS!!!!

In other news I got published in the Metro Times for my photo "Before the North wall Fell." Here is a link to the article: Metro Times
and here's a link to the photo:
Before the north wall fell

Well that's all I'm going to say for now, I do have other stories but some just aren't meant to be told on here.

No comments: