Monday, October 27, 2008

Sitting in the Library...

...not the one I work at, but the university Library, yes I know I go to another library to try to study, you'd think I'd be sick of them already. Trying to catch up in my classes and am realizing that a degree only proves how much bullshit you can actually put up with for your employers. I am reading about how to find information, and how to assess information in grad school. Seriously if I had no idea how to do this I wouldn't be here.

This is still a thousand times better than what would be considered a computer fundamentals class that I am taking. The joys of online classes for a person with little motivation are few and far between, and sitting through mandatory videos about stuff you already know how to do is awesome! Let me repeat awesome!! Everyone should do this, go and watch videos about stuff you know for up to 3 hours a week, see how soon you want to kill yourself. So, so far I've learned how to use Word, Excel, Powerpoint, basic html/css (not the good css where you actually create a style sheet, but the ghetto kind where it goes in the head of the page and of course no mention of php), and we will learn Access and databases next. I can barely contain my excitement about this, I mean wow databases, it's not like I had to learn how to do this in High school, or the Programming classes where holy crap you would learn how to write your own database. Could I not test out of this class you greedy money hungry whore of a school? I was told that before I could talk to someone and explain what I do, and would not be forced to take this sham of a class.

Back to trying to read crap, or better yet there's a bar down the street can you figure out what I'm going to do? If you answered that I'll be the good student and do the readings, you
A) either have more hope for me than I do
B) Do not know me
C) Forgot that I stopped that no drinking thing

1 comment:

kmaz said...

Nevermind the PHP comment, because PHP sucks.