Monday, November 16, 2009

All I want to do is talk about me

It was a fantastic weekend, A great weekend, a spectacular weekend. It was so good I can now check off one of the things I wanted to do before I die list. And if you do hear the story, my life is not a walking talking sitcom, although I do have similar characteristics with them.

So I spend a crap load of money in photography equipment the past week, and went out and took pics with the new camera. They came out great, and I'm inching more and more at trying to have my own exhibit. Crap, I actually started to think my photos are good...that is a weird feeling. So I'm taking the advice find what you love to do, and then try to figure out how to get paid for it. So I'm taking a break from school to follow my photography dream. Hell I tried to resign, but I was considered to important and my resignation was refused, I will pick up school again some time in the future, I'll give it a year or less or more, who knows. I've joined some Detroit photographer groups and I'll see how that goes, at least they can tell me where to get some cool shots, and they are liking some of my work already. Well that's all for now, stay tuned for more updates on my crazy/exciting/hectic/fun-filled/never a dull moment life.

3 comments:

kmaz said...

Before you all start thinking I'm completely crazy, I have found a way to be paid for photography. You might see my credits in the Real Detroit or Metro Times for their crap pay. I'm also talking to a professional photographer who's going to take a look at my work, and he will advise me on what to do. He will also get my foot in the door with some other people who actually pay good money for photos. It's a friend of a friend, yet one more person I know, WOO-HOO!

Sue said...

Whoo hoo! Good luck! I want a framed KMaz original...

kmaz said...

Hmmm, framed KMaz originals? I think those would make a great Christmas gift! But seriously Sue if there's one you like let me know.