Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A long overdue update

So life has been freakishly complicated over the past few months and mostly because of my own doing...mostly. It's been fun and since August when I was writing about almost 9000 views on flickr since then I've been viewed an additional 6000 times and I'm at 15,000 views. I'm really digging this photo thing and am now constantly looking at life through a lens. It opens up a whole new world to me for some reason, I lose all my cares and fears when I pick up my camera now. The camera releases me from this crappy world and lets me do things I normally would not, like trespass, enter abandoned warehouses at midnight, take pictures of people downtown at 1am. I feel no fear with my camera which is not necessarily a good thing. Best part of the photo shoot last night was the bum who would not leave me alone, and by bum I mean big guy who might kick my ass for my money and camera, I was ignoring him, and he asked me if I was a soldier, I said not exactly and he would not leave me alone, so I told him I was an off-duty cop and he said sorry and left, did I mention I decided to walk into a dark corner of Masonic temple with no light to get a shot. But I'm liking my photos, except when I hurt myself to get the damn shot.

Lalalala, anyways I'm keeping myself busy in good and bad ways now, and some of the bad ways are thanks to friends, I love all of you guys. I love when a friend gets me in a invite only party, or gives me more beer tokens, and I especially love being able to get almost anything done around town with a few phone calls and a few favors. I'm also beginning to realize that at work I'm needed more for these connections than anything else now, because it's the let's just do it through him it will be quicker. Always remember it's not what you know, but who you know, or in my case it's both, because I'm special

No comments: