Monday, September 20, 2010

Wow, blogs...are these things still around?

Not going to lie, I have been terribly busy.  The festival, photography, work, and my new hobby sailing.  The festival was one of the most successful festivals in it's thirty year history, this makes all of us feel good.  Even the city feels good about it, hell the city manager has given us a green light for anything we want to try to bring in people/money; so in October we're having a Fall Fest/Oktoberfest.

Photography has taken a backseat recently due to my hectic schedule, but I still have a chance to take some photos.  I've met a new gallery owner and he's interested in my stuff. 

Sailing, my one and only true get away from everything.  My phone stays off, I take no electronics and I get to get away from it all.  It's just the wind that carries you.  I'm not going to lie, the first time I went out I was scared out of my mind.  We went on a windy/gusty day where the boat was nearly sideways most of the time, but I loved it. I've been asked to join the race team, but the festival schedule prevented me from doing this, and there's no way in hell I'll be missing the team next year.  It's just pure unadulterated fun on the boat.  I only wish I could do it more.

Life is good and fun at the moment and I'm still flying high on the success of our festival, wait till next year though we plan on bigger and better.  We put this together in 8 weeks, now we have a year to plan it.  You think we did an awesome job this year??? You won't even believe what you'll see next time. So stay tuned for a good time.

No comments: