Monday, January 3, 2011

Goodbye 2010 it's been a crazy year

Well last year was just awesomely crazy.  January was rather dull, February saw me dealing with police search warrants and almost dying.  And who could forget about Paczki Day in Hamtramck, that one crazy beautiful day in town where everyone just has a good time.  Also the first winter beer fest I've ever attended, things happened.

March has the always fantastic Blowout which  was held the first weekend and that's the way to start the month off right. One long weekend of music and memorable moments, most of which I remember, some I don't. Then there was a dull of work, and grant writing - which was successful!  Somehow this year I got roped into helping to plan a city festival in the summer we had 8 weeks to save a 30 year old tradition, and come hell and high water we would. A small group of devoted people came together to not only save our town's festival but to also make it one of the best one's ever thrown.  It sure was a lot of work and many sleepless nights, but in the end it was worth it.  To see and hear the compliments of the people there, to see the city alive for that one weekend packed shoulder to shoulder down the street, you never even realized that the weekend flew bye and how tired you really were.  It does all hit you the one day the adrenaline stops but for three days we were the kings and queens of the city.  Driving golf carts instead of cars on the street, and just trying to make it a good time.  Thank you for this.  I never thought I would have enjoyed working so hard but dammit I did.  Then we decided to try it again, this time on even shorter notice and in lederhosen, although not as successful still put together well and fun. 

But the greatest part during this has got to be sailing in the summer, I will forever be in debt to my friend Shannon for introducing me to this wonderful pastime.  It's a few hours of disconnecting from the world and all of your worries, just you water and the wind (and alcohol).  I'm pretty sure it's the only thing that kept me sane this past summer.

I'd also like to thank all of my friends for putting up with me all year, you are truly the best and I am very thankful to know all of you.  Our up north trips are always a blast and will only get better.  The winter trip with the brothers was more than I could have imagined, nothing beats hiking MI trails in the winter, nothing! The trip to New Orleans would have been so much more fun if it wasn't for the food poisoning, but I met some cool people and got to know others a little better. 

Well what does 2011 have in store for me?  Well a little bit more community action on my part, we all need to chip in and make where we are better.  So there's some more volunteerism in the future for me, and of course there's still photography.  I made the resolution to take more photos, because for the past few months I have been slacking in photography.  So here's to everyone's success this year and hope that 2011 is the best year yet for everyone.

No comments: