Monday, February 18, 2008

God I love Wayne State

So, I apply for graduation, and get a letter saying I need to take an oral communication (OC) class. Well I gave my student adviser my transcripts in the summer and was told that it would be taken care of in a week. Well I should have learned in the summer when she screwed me over from taking ahttp://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=6965818831522789265&postID=7998506785411160808 class I needed, and then found out in the fall that I should have been allowed to take it. The walk in adviser also told me, that my student adviser was working on my OC requirement, and was told by her that it should be done no problem, along with the new adviser she was training.

So I apply for my degree, and get a response from my adviser saying she couldn't read the copy of the transcript from High School, about 5-6 months after she got it, so nothing was done. I get a call a week later telling me that that my high school classes won't count and to call advising if I need any more help. So I call advising and she tells me that student advisers and academic records have no idea what they are doing, and to come to them on Mondays, because they are open late. Ok today is Presidents day and I don't have to work and Wayne is open, so I drive down there pay my $2.5o to park, and go to the advising center. I go to the desk and the secretary tells me that Mondays are by appointment only, and he asks me if I want to make an appointment for Wednesday, Thurs., or Fri, I tell him I was never told about the damn appointments on the telephone when I called, he apologized for this, then asked him about Tuesday, and he said it was a walk-in day, so tomorrow at 8:30 am, I'll be at Wayne State, and telling them I am not taking a pointless class to teach me how to talk, when I was told I don't need to. They have already sucked enough money out of me, and are not getting anymore. So tomorrow I'll either be leaving happy or being dragged out by campus police for arguing with staff.

No comments: