Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's a GREAT Day

So the day starts off with me going to my house after shovling the dusting of snow, I walk in and think to myself its cold in here, look at the thermometer and realize I have no heat. So to make sure it wasn't shut off I go to the oven and light the burner and voila it works, so I go to check the furnace in the basement and of course the pilot light was out. I go back upstaris and of course I have nothing but one small match, and I am not burning myself, but to my delight it has an electric pilot light, but since today is awesome God made sure that didn't work. I then check the water heater and figure out how to take the outer plate off and see no light in the pilot, GREAT!! Go throught the whole wait 5 minute process and try lighting and see nothing, there is no fire yet. Now I am 40 minutes late for work and have accomplished nothing, so during my lunch break I go to the hardware store buy an extended butane lighter and go home and get the furnace going, YEAH!!! HEAT, AWESOME!!

Now to the Water heater, go through the same damn process and nothing, so I look for a hole to put the lighter in to light the pilot, OH no The engineer and masochist figured out that nothing could go wrong with the electric lighter, so theres no other way of getting it going. My options at this point are try again, or start taking the thing apart and reconstruct the bottom portion with a new hole, I looked at my watch and realized I have spent 20 minutes of my lunch hour so far and will try the damn electric lighter again. So I wait another damn 5 minutes to try the process and this time think to myself to basically put my head on the ground to check the light and after clicking the electric light button about 10 times, miraculosly it lights. Everthying is going good and am happy now and can go eat my breakfast at 3PM.

So my lunch is almost over and I'm heading to work happy that I did not go over my lunch hour, and on the way back the day gets better. So I'm trying to turn left onto Jos. Campau and hit a nice Ice Patch and my car continues its straight path towards the curb and finally starts to turn left towards a parked car. So my car is heading toward the curb/car on ice and I have no control and I slam into the... Maybe I should end the post here and have you come up with your own conclusions...

Well No nevermind, I slam into the curb stopping about two centimeters from hitting a parked car, wouldn't I have felt great doing that. So i get out to check my car no obvious damage, didn't hit the parked car, wheels turn left and right, and finally something good might have happened. So i'm trying to drive my car and lo and behold it won't drive straight, I have to hold my steering wheel at a 90 degree angle to make the car go straight. So turns out that I broke the inner tire rod and need to get it replaced, no biggy I'm told, but I'm also told that ofter thats done I'll need an alignment, and after that they can make sure nothing else is broken.

So it's about 5PM and have a few hours for the day to get worse, wonder what else might happen.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Sucky. But don't tempt fate asking how it can worse! It always can.

Joyce said...

That sucks. Hope your days have been better since.
-Joyce