Sunday, July 5, 2009

Update about me...

...So I have had a horrible week at work, that has me contemplating a career change. I wrote about this on facebook, and I'm still thinking about going back into finance. Don't get me wrong I still like working at the library but seriously, I am getting a little frustrated with all the crap I put up with. I could be putting up with the same crap for more money elsewhere. Seriously I took a $20,000/year pay-cut to become a librarian, and was one of the few people who declined a financial analyst position while I was still in school. Who knows maybe it's just a combination of feeling horrible the past few weeks. In other news to try and change how I feel I ended up taking my barber's advice that he gave me.

I did something and feel horrible about how I acted and how I did it, and yes I have had confirmation that I take the douchebag of the week award for it. I hear it takes time and get over it, well guess what I probably will at one point but who knows when. Believe me hearing at work a few weeks ago "you are beginning to depress me because I've never seen you sad" does not help make me feel better. And to help in self-fulfilling prophecies, after what I did and feeling bad about it, yes I went out a few nights in a row, and alcohol does nothing to make a person feel better. The best part of the week was the 4th of July park excursion at Stoney where I got to forget about all the crap I have been putting up with and just got to hang out for a while with friends. And the weekend is almost over and I will be returning to reality and remembering everything that sucks about life again.

Sigh, here we go again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hang in there Konrad! I need a change, Im in medical bc its what I know but if change makes you happy then go for it! Im finally thinking of going back for web design after all these yrs :)) good luck in whatever you do! hope your week is better!